Mike Thornton Sr, Visionary’s Chief Operating Officer (COO), recently participated on a VIP Start program panel that was held at the Bolger Center in Potomac, Maryland.
Sponsored by the Veteran Institute for Procurement, VIP START is a 3-day, 27-hour comprehensive certification program designed for veteran-owned businesses that want to enter or expand their business growth into the federal marketplace through best business practices. There are over twenty (20) topics taught by industry and government subject matter experts (SMEs) with a focus on accelerating your success in the Federal market through best business practices.
These topics include:
- Requirements to do business with a PRIME or Government
- Strategic Planning in the Federal Market
- Accounting / Budgets / Developing Rates Compliance
- Contracting – Sub-Contracting/ RFP/ RFI
- Operational Program Controls
- Financing / Capital Management / Banking
- Human Resources Management
- Business Insurance
- Business Development / Proposals