1. Describe the Internal Review Procedures Which Facilitate High Quality Standards: Our quality system, based on the Project Management Institute’s (PMI), International Organization for Standardization’s (ISO) and Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI) standards, provides the necessary procedures to ensure that deliverables are subject to appropriate review and approval for release. We will apply a graded system of quality control and will follow our quality guidelines while accounting for special client requirements, schedule considerations, and other factors that may affect risk and priority. Each of our deliverables is reviewed by qualified personnel who were not involved as primary authors to ensure rigorous, yet appropriate, measures that may include a technical review, an editorial review, and a management review and approval for release.
Quality Inspection, Surveillance, and Assessment Procedures: Our Program and Project Managers perform assessments on a day-to-day basis, the team performs assessments monthly while reviewing monthly status reports, and they assess the Quality Control Plan (QCP) annually. In addition to identifying and correcting individual instances of noncompliance, the system is designed to provide critical information for implementing systemic corrective actions and fostering continuous quality improvement on a program-wide basis. Our standard quality procedures are:
Continuous Performance Monitoring—Our Program and/or Project Managers monitor day-to-day operations to ensure compliance with established requirements, including those related to quality control and the performance metrics established for the work under their control.
Work Product Review—Independent technical and editorial reviewers will assess work products to ensure that the data and procedures are acceptable, the conclusions drawn are supportable, and technical procedures meet acceptable professional standards.
Monthly Program Reviews—The team will review the status of each task with respect to the established performance indicators related to staffing, schedule, budget, and quality of delivery.
Surveillance of Management Controls—The Program and/or Project Manager will assess program operations on an annual basis and document the results. These formal assessments/inspections will be scheduled based on mission-critical priorities. These assessments will address the key management controls to determine whether they are in place, being used as intended, and effective in achieving their purpose.
2. Identify the Individuals Responsible for Ensuring Quality Control. Visionary’s internal corporate quality representative aligns with established ISO standards to oversee internal quality control and contract performance. The representative reports to Visionary’s President and CEO and has quality oversight for all contracts. The quality representative participates in contract/program updates and engages frequently with Program and Project Managers to ensure quality standards flow down to contract performance and corrective actions are taken when necessary.
3. State Whether or Not Subcontractors are Used and, if so, Describe the Quality Control Measures Used to Ensure Acceptable Subcontractor Performance: Visionary fully engages subcontractors on our contracts as necessary and will leverage our existing relationships with teammates with our network of subject matter experts and technicians for the any and all pieces of work. Every subcontractor that supports Visionary is required to participate in onboarding orientation to be made aware of our quality standards and performance expectations.
4. Describe How Potential Problem Areas and Solutions are Handled: Visionary identifies the need for corrective and preventive actions on a continual basis during project implementation and through management and technical assessments and document reviews. We will define responsibilities to schedule, perform, document, and ensure the effectiveness of the corrective action based on the problem at hand such as:
Conduct root-cause analysis to determine quality system weaknesses
Determine the specific corrective action that is needed to eliminate the problem
Determine specific and appropriate measures needed to prevent recurrence of the problem
Assign responsibility for investigating and documenting the situation
Set a schedule for determining the required corrective actions
Assign responsibility and schedule for implementing the required corrective actions
Establish the desired outcome and effectiveness of the corrective action, and then implement
- Verify that the corrective action has eliminated the problem and then document it in a corrective action report
5. Describe the Procedures for Ensuring Quality Performance When Meeting Urgent Requirements: Visionary always adheres to our quality system procedures when new, and even urgent, requirements are identified. If a quick resolution or solution development is required we engage our corporate staff as reach back to increase the capacity of our technical/functional contract staff. This reach back is leveraged to provide additional oversight of contract quality performance and to ensure redundancy is in place so there is never a single point of failure.
6. Describe How Quality Control Will be Managed When Completing Multiple Projects for Multiple Agencies Simultaneously: Visionary’s investment in a corporate quality representative for the company illustrates our commitment to quality across our entire organization and down through our contracts. The quality representative participates in recurring contract reviews with the President and Chief Executive Officer (CEO), Chief Operating Officer (COO) and operations staff. Risk mitigation is discussed, corrective actions are reviewed for efficacy and lessons learned for positive quality standards are shared and implemented as needed. We ensure an effective quality system by designating top-level managers to key quality management responsibilities and holding all staff members accountable for the quality of their work. We will establish lines of authority and communication for all levels of management and staff for our Team, including our subcontractors. Visionary has embedded quality throughout the organization and the contracts it supports through the implementation and management of repeatable and scalable processes based on industry standards.